Managing Worker Health
For managing worker health you may want to keep records of:
- known conditions (e.g. lower back pain);
- health tests;
- first aid given;
- medical certificates.
You may also benefit from having a system that provides reminders for:
- scheduled vaccination events (injections, tests, etc);
- scheduled health tests (vision, hearing, etc);
- follow-up doctor's appointments related to medical certificates.
When a worker's health is affected by injury or illness you may wish to actively participate in the development and monitoring of a rehabilitation (return-to-work) programme - and therefore to keep the records related to this - and of any incident from which an injury originated.
Using The Software
With OSHatWork you can:
- record first aid which is unrelated to any incident (e.g. bandaging of an injury which a staff member sustained in a sporting incident on the weekend; giving headache medication; etc);
- manage incidents and worker rehabilitation and return-to-work programmes;
- record any number of known conditions and allergies for each person;
- record all vaccinations given;
- schedule future vaccinations - and get reminders for these;
- record all health tests completed (such as hearing and eyesight - and including baseline tests and follow-ups);
- schedule future health tests - and get reminders for these;
- record medical certificates and optionally link these to incidents and/or rehabilitation cases;
- record, for each medical certificate, the date of the follow-up appointment with the doctor - and get a reminder for this;
- generate reports such as:
- a summary of known conditions, allergies, first aid given, vaccinations and health tests for one person;
- a list of all medical certificates for a person;
- details of one selected medical certificate;
- list of medical certificates matching specified criteria (e.g. all those issued last month), optionally grouped by division/department;
- a list of vaccinations matching specified criteria (e.g. all those completed last month for personnel in a particular department) optionally grouped by recipient or vaccination;
- a list of health tests matching specified criteria (e.g. all those due next month for personnel in a particular work area) optionally grouped by recipient or vaccination.
A complete list of all the OSHatWork Guides is available here.